1. Packed with technology
Google Glass comes with powerful hardware, including Bluetooth, GPS receiver, Wi-Fi, Speakers and even a touchpad and a gyroscope which detects head movements. This means that you can control the device by touch interaction or by simply moving your head up and down. Furthermore, you can wear the glasses even if you already wear a normal pair of glasses and benefit from the same advantages. The micro-screen of the device is placed near the retina making you experience an alternate reality like never before.
2. Responds to your commandsGoogle Glass comes complete with voice input which means that it’s now a lot easier for you to discover information or find out about certain news pieces. You can activate Google Now with the simple command “Okay glass” and then ask certain things such as “how long is the London bridge?”. The device will automatically bring up Google search to answer your needs. Even a simple tilt of your head in the upper direction will open up the voice input option.
3. Experience life with no pauses
If you ever regarded taking your camera along as a daunting task, then you’ll certainly be happy with what Google Glass has to offer. The little gadget allows you to take a photo or start taping at anytime with a simple voice command. This brings up plenty of interesting opportunities; enabling you to record the times when you do extreme sports, do live real-life tutorials, videotape wildlife as you go through a Safari and a lot more.
4. Always find your way through
If you were ever worried about getting lost on a trip or expedition, then Google Glass will solve your problem on the spot. Thanks to its built-in GPS receiver you can get directions and navigation anywhere, even on the mountains. If you’re a traveler, excursionist or even long-road cycler such device can be a life-saving one for you. You won’t even need to stop to check for directions, the augmented reality will do all the magic for you. Furthermore, there’s also voice-guided navigation just in case you might need it.
5. Get in touch with the locals
If you ever traveled to a foreign place where the language was extremely new to you, then you know how hard is to blend in with the local people. Fortunately, Google Glass solves this problem in style. Thanks to it you can understand the metric system of the locals, convert currency and translate words on the go. Furthermore, you can get fun facts, drinking spot recommendations and gain access to secrets shared by other Glass users. And all of this without even having to stop by.These are the 5 most interesting facts about Google Glass which will certainly make many people crave it. Thus, if you do want to follow the latest trends, then you may as well pay a closer look to this amazing device right now.
Rainy days often come and go, but when they do, it causes a lot of problems such as delays and eventually, canceled events. If you really intend to pursue the date despite the troublesome rain, there are still other ways to spend your date that can spark up a pleasant feeling or even better.
Go to the Museum
Instead of walking in the rain, why not go visit a place where you can appreciate the works of art. If you live in a big city, try to visit a museum where you can see all around different elegant and exquisite art works displayed on exhibits.
You and your partner will definitely enjoy all the sceneries.
Cook Up Something Good at HomeInstead of walking around the city looking for that perfect restaurant to eat together with your special someone during a heavy rain, why not just stay at home and cook something special. Cooking at home always brings out the best in what you can do on your own instead of having others cook for you.
It will be more appreciated because you are cooking with love.
Drinking a Special Bottle of Wine
Feeling cold in the heavy rain, open up a bottle of your special wine from your cellar and pour some in two special glasses. Warm yourselves with a drink while having intimate conversations with your love one.
Let’s Play a Game
Try to be very creative and do something out of the book and normal stuffs about dating. One great thing to do on a date when it’s raining is to play a game. You can both play card games, board games, video games, and many more.
Add a bet to whoever wins. That should probably spice up things to make it better and both of you happier.
Watching a Movie MarathonInstead of going out on the rain just to go to a movie theater, just stay at home and watch movies on your flat screen. This is more comfortable and relaxing. Just bring out the tapes, chips, popcorn, and booze. There you have it, better than a movie theater.
Don’t let the rain hinder you both from having a date in any day. What’s important is you get to spend quality time together which is all that matters. You can have lots of fun even on days when it seems it’s not going to happen as long as you know what to do about it.
Mixed orange and pineapple juice is rich in Vitamin C
Pineapple and orange are classified as super foods by most health bloggers due to a valid reason. The reason is that these two fruits are filled with so many health benefits because of the sufficient presence of vitamin C in these low calories fruits. These two fruits provide the highest source of vitamin C naturally. Therefore preparing a morning juice by using these two power fruits can be the most sensible thing to be done. By starting your day with such a delicious and healthy mixed juice, you will surely experience weight loss benefits too. This juice is really rich in antioxidants too which are needed to protect your skin from ageing. The juice can also help as your natural morning shield against cancer causing UV rays. Your immunity towards diseases like flu, cough, fever etc will also be tremendously increased with the consumption of this juice.
The delicious berry mix will be loved by your taste budsThe mood gets freshened just by imagining a fruit basket decorated with various delicious berries like strawberries, black berries etc. Starting your day with a glass of mixed berry juice is a highly pleasurable experience for your taste buds. You can use raspberries, strawberries, cranberries and other types of berries to prepare this highly energizing morning juice. This mixed berry juice can also be easily classified as the tastiest juice because of the rich flavor of this juice which doesn’t need any kind of artificial sweetener. The berries are rich in nutrients like vitamin C etc. This mixed berry juice will act like your anti ageing secret formula because of the capability of berries to enhance the production of collagen and to prevent the skin degradation due to UV rays. Also, the berry juice is known for its memory strengthening properties too.
Revitalize your morning with some cool beetroot juiceAlthough it may take some time to get accustomed to the slightly sweet taste of beet root juice but once you form a liking to it, you’re going to completely love it because of the health benefits that you’ll experience with its morning consumption. The deep red colored beetroot juice is the ultimate health tonic for your body. This juice is enriched with nutrients like zinc, copper, folic acid, vitamin B and nitrites etc. One big glass of beetroot juice will add only 20-30 calories in your daily calorific intake. This low calorie juice will help in cleansing and brightening your skin from inside, thus imparting a natural glow because of its ability to increase the production and purification of blood in the body. It is also known for lowering the risk of heart diseases which is much required in sedentary lifestyle.
By drinking any of these three juices in the morning, you will surely be stepping towards the transformation of a healthier you. These juices are extremely nutritious as well as tasty. They not only replenish the water in your body but they also provide you with instant energy to start your day energetically.
1. Identify energy vampires and deal with them. – Energy vampires are devices that consume energy even when the device to be charged is not attached. These are undetached cell phone chargers or “bricks” like cords used with laptop computers, television and even cable TV equipment that are normally joined in the middle by large black boxes. These boxes consume energy as long as they are still plugged in. It is important to eliminate energy vampires to improve your energy savings. As simple as it may sound, all that is really needed to be done is to unplug all devices that are not in use. If you must use these devices, consider using the energy saving features in a personal computer or plug all these devices to a power strip which can be turned off when necessary.
2. Learn to efficiently use your air conditioning. – The best setting is the highest temperature you are comfortable in. Raising the thermostat setting by two degrees reduces cooling costs by five percent. Although a larger unit may run for longer periods of time, it will use more energy. It may also fail to dehumidify your house. The ideal unit should control both temperature and humidity making your home more comfortable. If your room has a large area of exposed glass, keep curtains or blinds closed during the day particularly when the sun shines directly on it. The exposed glass traps heat in the room taxing the air conditioning unit to work twice as hard consuming more energy in the process.
- 3. Use Energy Efficient Home Lighting. – You could save around 60$ annually when you use Energy Star qualified Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) bulbs in your home. They last ten times longer than incandescent bulbs and use 75 percent less energy. Frequent replacements may not be necessary. Use them in high traffic areas like kitchens, recreational rooms, living rooms and outdoor fixtures. Match a light bulb to your lighting needs by concentrating strong light in reading and work areas and turning them off when leaving the room. Install low wattage, small fixtures with a timer or photocell that automatically turns off during daytime and turns on for outdoor security lighting at night.
4. Manage your heating. – Check your furnace filters and heat pumps regularly. Clean and replace when necessary. Lower your thermostat temperature to the lowest that you find comfortable and you can save as much as 3 percent on your bill. A ten degree setback for eight hours could save up to 9 percent. Take advantage of the auto thermostat setting on central heating systems but you can even slash it further by decreasing the thermostat temperature by operating the fan in the on position. Keep the outdoor unit clear of grass and other debris, if you have a heat pump. Don’t switch the heat pump to the emergency heat setting on the thermostat unless your unit is malfunctioning. Keep all doors and windows near your thermostat closed lightly and seal air leaks with caulking, weather stripping and sheets of plastic. Air infiltration account for half your heating bill in a leaky home. Insulate and save on the heating costs.
5. Explore energy saving features of your appliances. – There is always a better way to use your appliances that save you money while extending the life of your unit. Wrap your water heater and pipes with insulation, repair leaky faucets. A faucet that leaks can waste up to hundreds of gallons per month as well as the energy used to heat it. Wash your clothes in cold water as it is the detergent that cleans your clothes not the hot water. Make sure the dryer is properly vented. Have a professional inspect the dryer vent pipe to reduce lint accumulation and reduce airflow.
Conduct a home energy auditConducting a home energy audit is the first step to cutting down your bill. An energy audit can help you learn how you use energy by determining what is being wasted and prioritized. You can even make home improvements based on these assessments that can save you hundreds of dollars on your monthly energy bill while at the same time ensuring the health and safety of your house. You can find a certified energy auditor in your locality or conduct a simple energy audit to detect sources of energy loss. The sooner you identify where you spend most of your money the easier it will be for you to cut down cost and plan improvements.
Perks of Being Your Own Boss
Since everything lies on your hands, whatever you desire for your business, you can bring it down immediately without asking any permission from other workers. It is your name that is powerful in the entire business establishment. If you have rules that you want to impose, you are the owner, and so can do everything you want.
Another thing is that no one is above you. Even those executives of your company if you already have a huge business, would still be asking for your approval before they make necessary changes in your company. You need not to go to your office and spend eight long hours of work just like normal employees. Since you can control your time, you can spend for personal purposes.
The Weak Point of Being Your Own BossIn great power, comes a big responsibility. It is your business and you only hire workers to work for you. If your staff will not do their duties, then you business will be at risk. There are lots of things to consider in making a business survive in these ever-changing demands of the market. You need to go with the latest trend to make your business profitable and your stable source of income.
Whatever the performance of your business, you will be responsible for it. You may have trusted workers to do all the jobs for you but in times of difficulties of recession, it is in your hands that the future of your business lies. These workers you hire would also depend on you on how you manage things because once you made a big mistake that results in bankruptcy, the lives of your workers would also be affected.
Aside from that, there are instances that office issues arise and you will be the last person to make a decision on how to settle things out.
How to make things work positively?There may be many disadvantages of being your own boss, but as long as you have chosen the right people to take over those duties and responsibilities, then your business is safe. Management factor has a big effect on your business performance. You should know how to take good care of your workers because they do the jobs and make things easy for you. Without these people, your business will not survive.
Being your own boss is a great privilege for you to grown in your business career. You just need to learn how to work with other people because two or more hands are productive than having only one. Whatever success you will attain, that is just a payment for your excellent leadership.